HMS Beagle Model Ship Project
Week 13: Farwell, access panels... (January 10-16, 2011)
Since I've decided to not put anything below deck, and am not happy with how the decking looks around the access panels... time to say goodbye to all the happy hours spent working on those tightly fitting access panels. Ah the ups and downs of the "plan-as-you-go" project lol.
I did some more work making sure the inside of the hull was waterproof, using both wood glue and waterproofing. I then filled the inside with Styrofoam as an "anti-sinking" precaution. Then, horror of horrors, I glued the panels down and redid the deck planks along the edge of the aft panel. I might put another layer of deck planking on after I install the side railing since I'm still not happy with how it looks.
Meanwhile, the basswood for the side rail, forecastle and poop deck have been ordered and I'm finalizing which model of radio transmitter/receiver and servos to buy.